sábado, 31 de diciembre de 2016

When I'm Sixty-Four


When I get older missing my hair
couple months from now
Will you still be sending me a Ballantine's
as Birthday greetings or a bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till winter or Spring
Would you change the lock?
Will you still need me?
Will you still feed me?
When I'm sixty-four?
You'll be younger too
And if you save the world
I could toast with you
I could be nasty making a fuss
When the soup is cold
You can knit a blanket by the fireside
Sunday mornings, go for a mass
While I'm doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more?
Will you still need me
Will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?
Every summer we can rent a cottage 
in Santander if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Tall nephews on your knees
Every-one-of-them
Send me a transfer, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine forever more
Will you still need me
Will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?
Hoo!

Por favor que nadie diga que se sabe la letra de la canción y ofrezca esta  traducción como prueba. 
os deseo un feliz año nuevo. 

1 comentario:

Calaverita dijo...

Es una canción de los rolling, verdad?...
Pues creo que le seguiré necesitando, y que no le olvidaré nunca unca...